MikroTik App

cuccio
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Active User Bug in PPPoE server RC5&RC6

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:49 am

In case of casual log out, active PPPoE server's users disappear from
winbox, but they continue to be in ppp active> menu.
As well with command remove: I cant't successful to erase them from
active-list.
The user can't be able to connect again until the natural section deadline
or until the RouterOS reset.

I'm waiting for your answer as soon as possible. Thanks.
Best Rgds

Cuccio

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:19 am

do this:

1. watch the active list.

2. then go and disconnect a client.

3. if the active connection stays, immediately make a supout.rif file and send to support@mikrotik.com

we need a supout.rif that was made immediately after the disconnection

lecker
just joined

Experience same Problem - Will also create a supout.rtf

Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:17 am

I observed the same

hitek146
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:45 am

More than two weeks ago(some time before the release of RC6), I explained the symptoms of this problem in detail in the following posts:

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=3464
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=3515

I had sent a supout.rif file at the time, captured as soon as I noticed the problem after it occured. Normunds responded telling me that the supout file was 4 hours old, and in the file they could only see the problem(they apparently saw the problem, though :roll: ) happening to one out of eight clients, so they needed another file. I captured another file just as soon as I could catch it happening at exactly the correct time, and sent it in on Thursday, so hopefully they will have time to look at it when they return from holiday on Monday. I hope they resolve this soon, as I am having to reboot my towers(using RCs on towers because all CPEs are RB532s running RCs) to reconnect clients that have "ghost" connections and will no longer connect with a usable connection.....

Anyone else have this happen?

Hitek

franco
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:18 pm

I have the same problem, too
Mikrotik RC5

iellison
just joined

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:03 pm

No answers on this yet I take it? I have noticed this problem with all of the 2.9 RC's thus far.

hitek146
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:02 am

They are still working on it... They just emailed me yesterday asking for a more detailed log of the events during the occurence of the problem, which I was just able to capture and send them. I guess it will be Monday before they get it, though, since it is the weekend there....

I have been able to significantly reduce the occurance of this problem by assigning static IP addresses to each client through AAA while still allowing only one connection per MAC address, and starting to carefully watch for clients that have lost good signal quality so I can stop the sudden radio connects/disconnects before they create the non-removable phantom PPP connection.....

I've been hoping that, at least in the interim, they would have been able to tell me of a way to manually kill the bad connection without rebooting, but after asking 3 times in various emails, they would only answer the other questions in the emails, and not even acknowledge that I had even asked the question about manually killing the connection in the first place... :(

Hitek