Community discussions

MikroTik App

mhosts
Topic Author

HELP! RB450 being very temperamental

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:12 am

I've had an RB450 running for about a year now. All of a sudden, this morning I can't connect to anything.

I plugged my computer into an extra port and connected directly to the MAC address in winbox (automatically detected) and When I click Interfaces there are none!

And when I click on IP --> Addresses it is blank and I cannot add any!

I'm trying to re-install the software from scratch but I can't login with ssh because I can't assign it an IP!

Any suggestions??

mhosts
Topic Author

Re: HELP! RB450 being very temperamental

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:17 am

UPDATE:

In winbox I went to System --> Scripts and created one with the command /system reset

The router disconnected and re-booted with a new "fresh" version.

Still same issues...

When I view the interface list in Winbox the 5 ethernet ports appear for a brief second and then dissapear.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 am

winbox connection using MAC is very unreliable (in certain situations). You probably get connected for a moment and then disconnected and can't load the data completely. see if you can at least add an IP address using another machine / laptop, and then connect with IP from the one having the MAC broadcast issue. most of the time its a problem with too many switches in line, too many other broadcasts on the same segment, two or more NIC cards in the machine, vista firewall, etc.

mhosts
Topic Author

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:37 am

Worked... Thanks for the tip on that.

but it's so weird how it needed to be completely refreshed out of nowhere...

THG

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:03 am

winbox connection using MAC is very unreliable (in certain situations). You probably get connected for a moment and then disconnected and can't load the data completely.
MAC Telnet is more reliable than Winbox.