Community discussions

MikroTik App

drfunk89
Topic Author

IP Phone!

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:22 pm

Have setup a MT in an office fine, SBS server 2008 is the DHCP and everything is ok apart from one IP Phone, no matter how many ports or what firewall rules i apply, nothing works, it worked in the setup previous to the MT so i'm guessing it must be MT related!?
Any ideas anyone... :D

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Re: IP Phone!

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 pm

If one IP phone is not working, then it may be the phone. Hit up http://www.mikrotik.com/consultants.html and I am sure one of those guys can help you troubleshoot.

drfunk89
Topic Author

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:47 pm

Sorry i might need to re-phrase that, its the ONLY IP Phone in the office so i was wondering whether anyone had any MT/SIP/IP Phone issues!?
:D

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm

99% of the time this is a configuration issue. Could be the SIP helper service is on. Could be inbound NAT issues, could be lots of things. I would get a consultant to figure it out.

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi,

Can you give some more info? Eg. does phone get IP info from DHCP server? Does it register against the Phone/SIP server? What I mean is that you need to write to what stage the phone gets or what really does not work.

Rgds,
Mark

drfunk89
Topic Author

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Ok, erm, the phone gets assigned DHCP info from the SBS 2008 rather than the MT (which interestingly it wasnt able to receive DHCP info from the MT until we installed the SBS 2008). It is supposed to boot up recieve IP address, contact the SIP server and receive calling info and all that. However it now just boots up and sits there, unable to call or anything, even contact the NTP server to get the right time!
I was guessing this was a firewall rule problem as it was not getting info from the "outside" world, i've tried enabling/disabling the NAT SIP helper, i've tried all sorts of Dst-nat rules, every combination of configuration on the Phone (its a Grandstream phone if that helps), even using a STUN server to bypass router problems, yet it cant contact the STUN server.
i'm going nuts on this problem and its not even my phone, it a guys own business and its his only "landline" so the pressure is on :? Thanks for any help in advance!
:D

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi,

I think you better get a PC on that network point instead of the phone and try some pings and traces to the SIP server.
Seems you are not getting there at all.

Rgds,
Mark

drfunk89
Topic Author

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Will do, just out of interest, my public IP is xx.xxx.xx.xx and the lan address of the phone is 192.168.0.23, what rule would you make to allow it do talk to the external SIP server....any help appreciated!

siscom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi,

Just read this post - http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37338

Looks good and might help you since I cannot see your network layout.

Rgds,
Mark