Community discussions

MikroTik App

Usogi
just joined
Topic Author

Double Typing through Telnet

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:30 am

Hello,
I'v been searching for the answer to this but I'm honestly not sure how to word it so the searching isn't working out so well.

I have a remote network setup using RouterOS 4.2. In the past I just telnet to the RouterBoard and from there type "system telnet 192.168.0.10" which connects me to our other devices at this location. With a certain device though, I connect and it asks me for a username just like normal. I start to type and instead of it coming out as "admin" it comes out as "aaddmmiinn". If I paste the username it comes out as "adminadmin". This is causing a lot of extra trips out to this device to do something I should be able to do from home. I'm not sure whats going on here, maybe some sort of echo?

If I could atleast get pointed in the right direction to search for an answer that would be great. Thank you very much
--Usogi

Usogi
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Double Typing through Telnet

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:43 pm

so I should have just tried type it out anyway. Even though it shows up as aaddmmiinn it still works! Its very annoying when trying to reprogram this stuff but atleast I can get it done. Still would like some info about it but its not an emergency anymore

Thanks
--Usogi

bcopeland
just joined

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Some sort of Local Echo configured in your telnet client?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 am

what about other Telnet program, like Putty ?