Community discussions

MikroTik App

bosly
just joined
Topic Author

Do you use Mikrotik for a DVB-T link ?? (Digital TV)

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi!

I'm using Mikrotik for wireless links to send the audio for FM broadcast radio stations.

But now, I've a project to use them for TV links, exactly to link DVB-T transmitters.

I think it's possible, but I've two questions...

FIRST:

Do you use or know who uses a Mikrotik for this application??
I need some references... of similar uses (transport of digital TV signal)

SECOND:

They've asked me to allow a dynamic change of the tx-power. That's, that the link must have a little intelligence, the receiver must say to the sender how it's receiving it, and increase or decrease the tx-power to use always the minimun power that allows the link.

Yes... I don't like it... it's a big risk!!! but... they said me that in the specification for that use at 5,4 Ghz band, it must do it in that way.
:?

I've asked Mikrotik support, and they said me that it's not possible to automaticly modify the tx-power.

Thank you!!!!

ccr
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Do you use Mikrotik for a DVB-T link ?? (Digital TV)

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:23 am

How did you do this?

"I'm using Mikrotik for wireless links to send the audio for FM broadcast radio stations."

I cannot figure it out.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:13 pm

1. RouterOS doesn't support any DVB devices
2. ATPC is not supported

birendersinghbudhwar
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi!

I'm using Mikrotik for wireless links to send the audio for FM broadcast radio stations.

But now, I've a project to use them for TV links, exactly to link DVB-T transmitters.

I think it's possible, but I've two questions...

FIRST:

Do you use or know who uses a Mikrotik for this application??
I need some references... of similar uses (transport of digital TV signal)

SECOND:

They've asked me to allow a dynamic change of the tx-power. That's, that the link must have a little intelligence, the receiver must say to the sender how it's receiving it, and increase or decrease the tx-power to use always the minimun power that allows the link.

Yes... I don't like it... it's a big risk!!! but... they said me that in the specification for that use at 5,4 Ghz band, it must do it in that way.
:?

I've asked Mikrotik support, and they said me that it's not possible to automaticly modify the tx-power.

Thank you!!!!
Now days third party equipments are available which have dual frequency modulation here is the example..

a. Your are providing content to tv broadcasting center or up-linking facility.
b. Your are using mikrotik as content delivery network (CDN) to send videos or audio file to the center.
c. Center have a equipment which receive content from the CDN and make it ready for rebroadcast with the help of streaming. (In this case both CDN and receiving center needs streaming server at CDN and streaming client a center real helix server can be used for this purpose.

if need more info then contact me i have deployed three networks.