MikroTik App

alphalt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Problems with logging to micro SD card

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Hello all,

I've searched forums and wiki, but didn't find some useful info on my issue. The problem is that I configure logging to MMC card and as file name I enter micro-sd/logfile and set file count to 100. Everything seems ok and working, but when it should create next log file it just stops logging. I don't know why and can't find any reason. I've entered 2048 lines per file and max 100 files. Maybe is there any limitation ?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problems with logging to micro SD card

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm

what version?

alphalt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Router OS v4.4 running on RB433AH

alphalt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am

Somehow I think it is due to large line count per file. Yesterday I had the same problem logging to internal router's disk. I set logging and I can see messages in log viewer, but files is not created. Then I delete all logging topics whic log to disk then recrete them and logging starts, but I don't know when it will stop. I'll try to lower line count per file and see what happens.

magnavox

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:22 am

Somehow I think it is due to large line count per file. Yesterday I had the same problem logging to internal router's disk. I set logging and I can see messages in log viewer, but files is not created. Then I delete all logging topics whic log to disk then recrete them and logging starts, but I don't know when it will stop. I'll try to lower line count per file and see what happens.

Hi.

We have similar problem... setting action to disk, we can show entry in the file, but also in log viewer :O

alphalt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:46 am

Hi,

Thanks for info. Hope to have response from creators. Anyway I inform here what is the success of lowering line count size of log.

alphalt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Hello,

I set logging to 512 lines per file and at least until now I have no problems log to internal disk or micro sd card. So somehow I think that problem can be related to line count per file. But its not possible for me to confirm it.

alphalt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Hello,

I was wrong. I have two different topics logging to micro-sd card and one topic just stops without any noticeable reason. I have no idea what's wrong....