Community discussions

MikroTik App

grescho
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Error causing crash, any idea's?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi my main router running ver 4.5 has become unresponsive two nights running.
This router is hosting a hotspot, PPPOE, DHCP and queueing. After checking the logs I have narrowed it down to this:

pppoe,ppp,error could not add queue: already have such name (6)

this is listed 5 times in succession, then router fails to respond and all clients become unreachable.
My router is running about 70 users, 50 of them pppoe and 20 Hotspot.

Any ideas welcome!

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Error causing crash, any idea's?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Is there a client/user mentioned in the log just before this error? Something about "logged in" or "trying to login by..."

grescho
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:15 pm

I do have one particular client, that was trying to log in, and kept getting disconnected. This appeared about 10 times before the above mentioned error.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Any indication in the log why this client was disconnected? Maybe the client computer was the only one that thought it was disconnected. Or the client was logged in through another service. The hotspot is wireless? If so, look for "extensive data loss" associated with the mac address of the client in the log.

grescho
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Any indication in the log why this client was disconnected? Maybe the client computer was the only one that thought it was disconnected. Or the client was logged in through another service. The hotspot is wireless? If so, look for "extensive data loss" associated with the mac address of the client in the log.
The client with disconnection messages is a wireless client, connected through pppoe. Looking at the logs there was extensive data loss.

But this repeated disconnection and re logging in, shouldn't cause the router to crash?? should it?
It would seem if I correct the problem with extensive data loss on this client, then this would resolve the issue, its just i find it strange that it would cause a complete crash.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:33 pm

It is odd that it crashes. You might want to generate a supout file, download and email it to support (at) mikrotik.com with an explanation of the problem. Where is the hotspot service involved in this setup?

jirristols

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:33 am

I have a wireless network that is also running Hotspot, and users are logging in and after the first search on google requests they log in again and then they get the splash the whole time without being able to surf at all.

Is the to do with extensive data-loss? The logs between the radios seem fine(not using Mikrotik for Radios) how else. This happens with Splash page logins as well as PPPoE sessions.

My router doesn't crash though.