Community discussions

MikroTik App

ebarriosjr
just joined
Topic Author

Router OS 4.5 problems with Windows Vista and Windows 7

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 am

Hi all,
I have an very big problem with Router OS 4.5. All of my costumers that have windows Vista or windows 7 installed are having very serious problems.
The internet is very very slow for them. I have prove several times in this locations with my laptop (using Windows Xp) and it works just fine..... What can be wrong???
Can u please help me out???

Thanks a lot...

Esteban

roadracer96
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Router OS 4.5 problems with Windows Vista and Windows 7

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 am

I had a 4.5/4.6 RB433 R2N AP w/ a RB450G router in my office with typically 4-5 windows7 computers connected via wire or wireless and they always worked fine. Also a 2008 server.

Upgraded to 5.0b1 and still works great. 1/2 32bit, 1/2 64bit

ebarriosjr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:57 am

I have been reading around and aparently is a problem with the NAT. I am no sure why or how to solve it.
Does anyone else have the same problem or is it just me?????

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:34 am

Is it possible that the machines somehow think they found IPv6 connectivity, which they'd prefer? But that then times out and they fail to IPv4?

Stab in the dark, that.

ebarriosjr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:41 am

how do i solve this problem with ipv6?
Is there a way to mpdified this in the router OS?

Thanks

umiwangu

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Any update with this? I have a couple Windows 7 clients here and they can't get to the hotspot login page. Is it possible that disabling the IPv6 stack on the computer will help things?

Seth

ebarriosjr
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:28 am

I disable IPV6 in my windows 7 laptop but the internet speed is still very very slow.
I have a 512k limit and i only get to use at the most 30k....
What else should i tried???

Please help me....

roadracer96
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:12 am

I have IPV6 enabled on my Win764 laptop and Im pulling 10mbit right now. I, however, do NOT have IPV6 enabled in my router.

umiwangu

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:31 pm

I'm using RouterOS 2.9.50, and if I turned IPv6 off, as well as the two Link Topology protocols, then the clients were able to connect.

ebarriosjr
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:42 pm

We solve it!!!
We had a firewall rule blocking port 49000 - 50000 and aparently Windows Vista and Windows 7 used those ports to navigate.

Sorry for all the trouble...

And thanks for the help....

gashead
just joined

Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Greetings!

I'm having a similar issue in that a client is unable to connect to the AP using Windows 7...

It appears he can connect to the AP but receives no IP address from the DHCP server..

Whereas his Wife (Using a Windows XP machine) can connect and use the AP perfectly.. I'm also able to connect using my Android mobile and my Macbook pro!

Looking at his ipconfig (well at least a screenshot) Windows 7 is talking IPV6 and putting (preferred) next to the address, so I'm guessing this could be my issue. (The system is V4 only)

Only problem is I can't figure out where to disable V6 or if even it's enabled on the Routerboard.. any help would be appriciated but other than that I'm RTFM! :lol:

Cheers!

N.

gashead
just joined

Wed May 26, 2010 10:03 am

Hi Again,

Just a few updates.

Client has been able to connect, intermittently.. he has said things like "I'm not sure what I did.. but I got it working.." but after a reboot he's back to the same thing.

I'm pointing the finger at Windows7 - I've not had any issues with other OS's and can't imagine how any part of the Mikrotik / Routerboard hardware could be at fault.. but I'm hoping someone here may have some words of wisdom for me!

So far, here is what I've tried.

* Had the client disable IPV6 completely in Win7 (From the Network Interface panel and also a Reg key tweek) - no joy.
* Checked the RB for IPV6, but the V6 package is not installed.
* Checked the Radio modes (System was set to 802.11b only.. changed to b/g)
* Googled the heck out of this, found lots of unhelpful Windows articles that say things like "your router may be too old to support Windows7 - refer to list of Windows supported hardware"

The guy I am dealing with is the man who owns the place, so he can see sense that it's a windows7 issue.. but I can't tell other clients to "Use XP, Windows 7 sucks" etc, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Nigel.

Greetings!

I'm having a similar issue in that a client is unable to connect to the AP using Windows 7...

It appears he can connect to the AP but receives no IP address from the DHCP server..

Whereas his Wife (Using a Windows XP machine) can connect and use the AP perfectly.. I'm also able to connect using my Android mobile and my Macbook pro!

Looking at his ipconfig (well at least a screenshot) Windows 7 is talking IPV6 and putting (preferred) next to the address, so I'm guessing this could be my issue. (The system is V4 only)

Only problem is I can't figure out where to disable V6 or if even it's enabled on the Routerboard.. any help would be appriciated but other than that I'm RTFM! :lol:

Cheers!

N.