Community discussions

MikroTik App

Wyoming
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

PPPoE with Radius

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:28 am

I am having problems getting this set up and running. I have a Mikrotik that is running 2.9rc10 right now. I had it on 2.8.28 and it was showing the same results. If I use the windows XP built in PPPoE client with a UN and PW on a radius server to connect I get an error saying that username or password is invalid. But if I use a UN and PW that are on the Mikrotik it will connect just fine.
That points to the radius server settings but if I set up the same UN and PW in a Linksys firewall setup to run as a PPPoE client the the linksys will connect right up and run with no problems.

This happens on both wireless and wired interfaces.

Does anyone have any Ideas as to what would be causing this. I have been fighting it for about a day now and I am out of Ideas.

Thanks in advance.

rikerconsulting
just joined

Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:22 am

The router probably only does PAP but the Win XP box doesn't like anything less than CHAP. Also start looking at the encryption settings.

~ Jason

Wyoming
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:17 pm

Ok. I now have the PPPoE working with our radius box. Radius was missing a module. Now I am having problems getting the mikrotik to take the Rate-Limit attribute. I have the attribute in our dictionary and it is set up in our users file but when the user logs in no queue is built for that user.

Any Ideas on what might cause this?

ofasa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:04 pm

Possibly no rate-limit is being send by the radius server. Check the reply sent by the radius server to make sure!

Wyoming
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:30 pm

i figured this out. It was an error in the radius attributes that the radius server was sending.