MikroTik App

bigguns
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Issue with Macs - disconnecting but still maintain IP detail

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure where to start with this issue I'm having. I've tried this on a few mac and I've got a constant issue - which occurs randomly and without any kind of logs (that I can tell).

All the macs test are of different ages but all running latest updates and are all connected via wireless cards in the RB or through an AP point.

The setup of the RB is basic - no strange rules, no hotspot, just WAN>bridge>IP DHCP>clients - and various firewall rules in place for protection.

The issue:
After X amount of time after downloading/browsing the internet - working 100% perfectly - IP assigned by RB - the connection will just go dead. And by dead, I mean unroutable, not pingable, nothing. But what is strange is that the RB and the Mac both have the IP addresses/routing/etc all in place and all still valid.

If I refresh the lease, it will work right away until X time again. I don't believe the issue is with Windows units, as I haven't had any reports of it occuring.

Has anyone had this issue or know what could be causing this?

I should mention that the temperature of the unit is 69c - without any kind of cover on the unit, powered by a power jack.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Issue with Macs - disconnecting but still maintain IP de

Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:07 pm

even ARP Ping is not working?
Russian-speaking forum: https://forum.mikrotik.by/. Welcome!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

MikroTik. Your life. Your routing.

bigguns
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Issue with Macs - disconnecting but still maintain IP de

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:01 am

Nope it wasn't working. I had a feeling that it was actually somethign to do with the 2nd wlan card in the unit; so I've taken out and left a few macs connected to see if the problem happens again.

Why it would be the wlan card I don't really know but just a gut feeling.