1. Can't repeat, my winbox remembers them correctly no matter how I close it
2. Yes, can repeat, will fix.
3. Winbox.exe should be opened, that could bring problems as Winbox the program, and Winbox the loader are different things. There is no predefined Winbox.exe location.
1. True, it does remember last setting of which windows were open. But, in older version, even if a window disappeared because other session (other PC) had other windows open and was closed last, when winbox was opened in first PC again and sub menu windows were opened again most of the columns were the same as when that PC sessions had is set before.
Now they are just back to default setting.
3. Is there no way user then can import a default short-cut into an existing winbox session that opens loader automatically after inititating such by some actions in running program?
Like many other users that not (yet) use "Dude" program winbox is the main tool to work and monitor the network. Many small users run a PC with a winbox session open with several certain sub-windows opened.
Like I do, I run the WAN and LAN interface traffic graph together with a netwatch tool and the simple queues to see who is making most use of the network etc.
These settings are always the same on that PC and on a big monitor just visible for visual check.
At the same time on another PC do other controls things. Configuring, fine tuning, managing etc. Here other submenus for same router is used and if same subwindow in use then with different columns visible etc.
Now every time when you close a winbox session, or when the PC's are shut down (power cut, just every night before going to bed etc.) only the last running winbox session with its settings is recorded.
Thus next time (day) when PC's are started up again/winbox is opened again, the settings of the last closed winbox is used.
So my daily routine is to make my monitor PC showing the right winbox format (sub windows, column and column size etc) again before I can see what is happening with my network and I can start the day. Not a big deal but on a daily base becomes a bit irritating...
Winbox does have a pre defined setting stored in its code somewhere (since each meny/sub-menu's window opens in a certain default format) it would be nice if users were able to set their own set of pre defined winbox settings.
Now please don't mention the option of using the "dude" program. I tried it a couple of times and ran in too many problems so left it. And I do happen to know several other managers of MT based networks never came into using it.
It would be very nice if winbox program could be developed more into a even more user friendly program.