Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020
 
tomi
just joined
Topic Author
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:55 am

Problem with PPPoE after upgrade

Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:38 pm

Today I tested upgrade from ver. 2.7.14 to 2.8.9 and I found big problem. I have installed PPPoE client for DSL (DSL work as bridge) and PPPoE connect make mikrotik and everything works fine. After upgrade and cannot estabilish PPPoE connection with my provider (estabilish link-disconnect-estabilish link-disconnect...in about 5-6 sec interval). I try remove,add and new configure PPPoE connection but still not working. After 2-3 hours testing I downgrade back to version 2.7.14 and PPPoE works again correctly...
Anyone can tell me where can be problem ?

Thanks for idea

/Tomi
 
mp3turbo2
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:15 am

Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:35 pm

standard support policy is : USE LATEST VERSION. .11 has been out for month and half ; .9 is history :)
 
Bill
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 4:24 pm
Location: Nevada

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:27 pm

Use the latest version. 2.8.12 was released on July 16th. If it does not work, create a SUPPOUT file and send it to support at Mikrotik.
 
palman

Have the same problem

Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:51 pm

We have the same problem after upgrading from 2.7.13 to 2.8.11
Also used the 2.8.12 but with the same result.
We use the Siemens XpressLink modem.
The same happened to at least 3 of our customers.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aoakeley, Google [Bot] and 77 guests