Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

slipstream1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB493AH lockups

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:52 am

I have placed RB493AH's at most of my towers for main routers and doing QOS stuff for sectors on those towers. From time to time the 493's will lockup and stop passing traffic. I have one on one of my main, high traffic towers that locks up at random times and it has done it now twice in the last 13 days. By locking up I mean, unit quits passing traffic and will not respond to pings. Unit is still accessible locally, but now remotely. I have to physically plug a patch cable into the unit and then I can log into it, but it will not pass traffic until I reboot the unit. Of course, this unit does this at the crappiest times and never during the day. Has anyone else encountered lockups of this type? Unit has 6 of the 9 ether ports configured as a bridge group and the other ports route to PtP links. Unit passes no more than 10 Mbps of traffic at any one time. I am running Butch Evans' QOS script on this particular unit and CPU never goes above 50%.

Thanks for any input.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RB493AH lockups

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:04 am

Maybe you can generate support output file, when remote access is not possible and send it to support (support@mikrotik.com).
Make sure the latest RouterOS version is used on the RouterBOARD.