Community discussions

MikroTik App

econst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Dial in server

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:32 am

I have an X86 box with ROS 4.6 that I'd like to configure as a dial-in server. I had purchase and installed a 4 port serial card in the router. The motherboard itself has one serial port, but when I check /system/ports only the four on the serial card seem to be recognized, and one port is for console. Can I remove the console port and config all four as dial in ports. I had configured a PPP server on the router, but don't know what else to do. I had seen a document somewhere here, but I can't seem to find it again. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

econst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Dial in server

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 am

No one created a dial in server before?

econst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Ok, I have configured the box to operate as a PPP dial in server. User can connect to the router and obtain an IP address fron the pool that I assigned. I can not however get the dial in user to connect to the internet through this router. Dial in user can ping the local IP address of the router, but can not ping the DNS server of the ISP. Presently I have one IP pool configured on the router, and one Firewall/NAT rule. PPPOE client can connect through this same router without problems to the internet. Is there anything else I need to configure to allow PPP dial in users to be able to connect through this router to the internet? Thanks.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:34 am

what does tracert from the client show?