MikroTik App

uebi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

High CPU Load

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:37 pm

Hi there!

Since I didn't find a solution to my problem in the past posts I just have to make a new one ;-)

I have a 2.9 Mikrotik Router (2.4 GHz Celeron, 512 MB RAM, Intel NICs) with 2 connections to 2 different ISPs. Both BGP Peers are up an running, but since today, the router has a load of more than 80%!!!
There are no firewall rules, no queues, nothing, just some (about 10) static routes and bgp activated. Both connections are 20mbit but only about 10 mbit on each peer is used.

I can't imagine that this load is normal?? Some time ago, a Cisco 7206VXR routed the same traffic without any problem (as far as this can be compared). Ping and throughput are fine, but the high cpu load won't let me sleep well ;-)

Please let me know if anyone has some information (or a possible solution) for my problem.

Thanks and have a nice day
uebi

wiacomm
just joined

100% CPU usage

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:12 pm

I have 100% cpu usage about 5 times per day now. I have asked this same question in 3 different parts of this forum and no answer thru this or emails with supouts to support either. Doesnt anyone know the answer yet?
cindy

Syonyk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:32 pm

Does rebooting the router drop CPU load back down?

We've been discussing it in this thread.

http://forum.mikrotik.com//viewtopic.php?t=4789

-=Russ=-

wiacomm
just joined

Only for a short time does it drop down

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:40 pm

I cant seem to find what coinsides with the maxed out cpu usage. Tried removing most of the logging functions, graphing and also clearing dns cache and reboot only solves it for short time