Community discussions

MikroTik App

mitsurugi81
just joined
Topic Author

licensed

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi, I have a licensed RB511 level 5 and I upgraded to 5.0 rc1. When I restarted the routerboard has made me a message ... The license lasts for 24 hours.
I registered in www.mikrotik.com and I've put a demo key. But I do not detect the wlan interface.
Looking at the setup I have seen license winbox 1!.
As I get my license level 5??

Thanks!

andrescamino
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: licensed

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:01 pm

If the 24h license already expired you should reinstall routerOS on the router with a serial console cable, then make a ticket of support, by clicking Make Supout.rif and send an email to mikrotik support with the file explaining the situation, they will give you the license for the Routerboard, it happened me a few times...they always help

mitsurugi81
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks andrescamino. I'll try again by turning up the firmware console. The support ticket where I do it? from the same computer or the web mikrotik
Just one more question ... If I paid a level 5 team and get on routeros5 would have to pay anything? or I recommend you leave it in routeros4.
Thank you very much and best regards.

Mitsurugi.

(En Español...
Gracias andrescamino. Voy a probar nuevamente por consola a subirle el firmware. El boleto de ayuda desde donde lo hago? desde el mismo equipo o desde la web mikrotik
Solo una pregunta más... Si yo pagué un equipo level 5 y lo subo a routeros5 tendria que pagar algo? o me recomiendas que lo deje en routeros4.
Muchas gracias y un saludo.

Mitsurugi.)

mitsurugi81
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:33 pm

Ok. I left the routerborad in 4.1 and I sent the support.rif to support@mikrotik.com. I hope not to delay and give me a solution.
Thanks for everything.

andrescamino
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:25 pm

If I paid a level 5 team and get on routeros5 would have to pay anything? or I recommend you leave it in routeros4.
As far as i know, it doesn't matter because the license is related to the Hard drive, and from the RouterOS v4.x the software-ID is 8 characters, not like old versions of RouterOS where the soft-id was made of 7 characters, so I guess you won't have a problem if you install it on a 4.x or 5.x

The suppout.rif is done on the RouterBoard, I guess you already did it since you sent the file to support

Hope you fix it :)