MUM Europe 2020

ajmal
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

login problen in yahoo

Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:42 pm

hi all

I m using MT 2.8.22 router OS it was working fine and now too but since last week to till now i m unable to login our yahoo messenger and yahoo mail services via this router.I also tried same ISP on another router Its a working.
I am using hotspot features of MT router.
Please help me...................

mengong
just joined

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:38 pm

what kind of error report while you cannot login to yahoo and yahoo messenger

matt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:10 pm

I have been having alot of greive lately woth Hotmail, Yahoo and a number of other web pages.

I sorted one complex out yeasterday that has had an issue for a little while now.

I had added this mange rule below changing the MSS size that had been recommended on this forum, but it did not solve the problem day before yesterday.

"chain=forward out-interface=ether1 protocol=tcp tcp-flags=syn action=change-mss new-mss=1448"

Then yesterday after the usall calls from customers complaining, as it is there right to complain :) I started to poke the MT box with a stick.

Under PPP Profile, down the very bottem is an option to change TCP MSS. I enabled this and if solved a customers problem with web pages stright away.

But I now have to work out the same way to solve the problem where the customer does not use PPP at the moment.

matt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Hotmail & Yahoo

Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:34 am

I had to change the customer we had problems with to PPPoE connection.

Was able to resolve the issue with Hotmail & Yahoo not displaying after setting the MTU & MRU to 1360 after seeing another post with the same results.

No more phone calls from my customers :)

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:14 pm

I have just worked through a similar problem (no Hotmail, no Yahoo mail, certain Internet Banking sites not working) where I have bandwidth coming in through ADSL. After trying the recommended settings on this site I eventually figured out that it will be different depending on what your service provider sets up. After checking out my DSL modem I found a setting for MTU at 1492 and MSS at 1468. Changed the MTU on Mikrotik for that connection and added a preroute mangle to change MSS. Problem sorted!

Regards
David