Community discussions

MikroTik App

chadd
Topic Author

lost connection, medium-access timeout

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:14 pm

I have a test ap and client setup running v5.0rc4 with NV2 and the client will sometimes disconnect from the AP with the following errors in the log file.

or
lost connection, synchronization timeout

Then it usually will fail to reconnect with the error

failed to connect, on 2417, registration timeout

If I take the AP interface and switch it to 802.11 the client will reconnect after which point in time I can put the AP interface back to NV2 and the client will re-associate with it back at NV2 no issue.

The AP is an older RB133 and the client is a 411 they are about .5km apart from each other. Sorry if I have missed it but is there a error message list anywhere for NV2?

Thanks,
Chadd

rini
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: lost connection, medium-access timeout

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:32 pm

I have a test ap and client setup running v5.0rc4 with NV2 and the client will sometimes disconnect from the AP with the following errors in the log file.

or
lost connection, synchronization timeout

Then it usually will fail to reconnect with the error

failed to connect, on 2417, registration timeout

If I take the AP interface and switch it to 802.11 the client will reconnect after which point in time I can put the AP interface back to NV2 and the client will re-associate with it back at NV2 no issue.

The AP is an older RB133 and the client is a 411 they are about .5km apart from each other. Sorry if I have missed it but is there a error message list anywhere for NV2?

Thanks,
Chadd

Hi there
what version is the rb133 ??

chadd
Topic Author

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:46 am

Hi there
what version is the rb133 ??
Just a plain 133 running FW2.18. It has 18M free memory and running a bidirectional bandwidth test it peaks out at ~45% CPU load. The client doesn't seem to drop when there is data moving but when it is sitting idle it drops.

"EDIT" I take that back the client will drop while data is moving across the link. I am also seeing a new error "lost connection, control frame timeout.

Thanks,
Chadd

chadd
Topic Author

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Any chance of getting a comment on this from the MT guys?

I have been using MT for our network since V1.x days, and aside from a few pieces of hardware here and there our network is all MT = tens of thousands of $$$.

I have to say that over the last year or so I am growing pretty tired of poor quality/lack of support. I can see why so many people refuse to touch MT because if you can't figure it out on your own you are pretty well screwed support wise. Take this how you will but I have pulled everything off my network and switched it out before because I was pushed into a corner by equipment manufactures and I will do it again if I feel I am in the same situation. You are going to be facing some pretty stiff competition this coming year from at least one other manufacture so all I am saying is that you may want to step it up a notch if you want to keep long term customers buying your product.

Thanks,
Chadd

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:06 pm

Have you tried emailing support? MT doesn't recognize this forum as official support: http://forum.mikrotik.com/faq.php#f0r2
Please contact MikroTik per email, MikroTik does not guarantee any kind of official answer in form of a forum posting

ovkiller
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:38 am

Try setting the HW Retries to 15...i had similar problem and now everything is fine.

Skaught
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:49 am

I agree 100%. Their support is horrible. They are rude and give terse answers.

Emailing takes days to get any kind of a response, if one ever comes, and often when it does come, it is in the form of one word answers or being directed back to the forum :roll:

Or we are told to use buggy beta firmware on a production system, or a whole host of other bad ideas that demonstrate that support simply does not get it at all.

If the documentation was any good, this might be better, but when I look up things like TDMA Period size and all it says is that I must set it carefully with no indication of what carefully means, I have to wonder.

We desperately need an official source of support. Emailing does not work. The forum is most often the blind leading the blind.

MT could be an amazing product, but until they get out of their hobbyist open source mindset to support, the enterprise will never take it seriously.
Any chance of getting a comment on this from the MT guys?

I have been using MT for our network since V1.x days, and aside from a few pieces of hardware here and there our network is all MT = tens of thousands of $$$.

I have to say that over the last year or so I am growing pretty tired of poor quality/lack of support. I can see why so many people refuse to touch MT because if you can't figure it out on your own you are pretty well screwed support wise. Take this how you will but I have pulled everything off my network and switched it out before because I was pushed into a corner by equipment manufactures and I will do it again if I feel I am in the same situation. You are going to be facing some pretty stiff competition this coming year from at least one other manufacture so all I am saying is that you may want to step it up a notch if you want to keep long term customers buying your product.

Thanks,
Chadd

yarda
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Try setting the HW Retries to 15...i had similar problem and now everything is fine.
Thanks for mee too. My problem was resolved by your help :D .

batot
just joined

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:02 pm

I think not the way to increase HW Retries which will result in reduced network bandwidth.
Is there a problem in the NV so support it and find the gus put away.
As I asked in the support area reported an error with the problem of proper operation of the link operating mode nstreme WDS after switching from 3.30 to 5.x station separately, it was told to switch to the NV2? LOL.
After a drastic reduction in speed bandwitch.

BTW:
Since the MT mode links go N on average, so advise my colleagues go on Ubiquity. Supeeor Better, cheaper, faster. Recently I tested 100Mbps/50Mbps real bandwitch 2xMIMO in N. Only ~100$ for one site. no comment.

elmer

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:11 pm

My problem is the same on Omnitik + RB711GA-5HnD i station WDS mode.
Signal on chains is about 66-68 per each. How to solve this? RoS 5.17 :)