Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

chadd
Topic Author

Had to downgrade from V5rc4

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:07 pm

I had several AP's and clients that I upgraded to V5rc4 for testing that I had to downgrade back to 4x because of issues I mentioned below. Clients would randomly "lock" up as in they would still show in the registration list on the AP but you couldn't pass any data to the clients. No ping, mac ping, mac telnet, nothing. If you disable the AP interface the clients would start passing data again for a random amount of time before they lock up again. If you look at the log on the client radio it shows the disconnect error messages that I listed but the AP log never shows the clients as disconnecting.

Anyway V5 seems to be far from stable, even for testing purposes.

Thanks,
Chadd

rini
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Had to downgrade from V5rc4

Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:17 am

hi again

i had same problem last month

and i cant do it via ssh or telnet or winbox. I try with filezilla and i got just to upload the .npk
but i cant do /system routerboard downgrade

i resolve this by going to the client and do it there
i dont know how many clients you have in v5

ps: when you downgrade ( if you do the downgrade the wireless card go to disabled mode )

sorry for my bad english

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:03 pm

correct command is
/system package downgrade
you should consider that wireless settings between versions has changes considerably.

chadd
Topic Author

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 am

I didn't have any issues downgrading back to 4.13 no lockups, resets or anything. So the downgrade went well but I wish I could have gotten a few tips from the MT guys on what could have been causing the issues with the V5rc4 in the first place. I tried to create a few support output files but the links wouldn't stay up long enough to do it so I gave up.