Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

ofowler
just joined
Topic Author

Any hope for PPPoA support?

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:23 pm

I've seen the requests from users in Europe for PPPoA support, and I think there are more and more DSL installations in the U.S. that are using PPPoA. Here in Arizona, many of the major DSL providers have switched to PPPoA.

Are there any plans to support this in the foreseeable future?

ysam
just joined

Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:44 am

In order to do that you need an ATM interface! or a pseudo ATM Interface..(driver)

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:32 am

OFOWLER...

Drop me a line !!

I am AZ as well... Nicr to see some one around here !!

sales@software-routers.com

Craig
Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmm"...

Craig

ofowler
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:33 am

In order to do that you need an ATM interface! or a pseudo ATM Interface..(driver)
I assume for the ATM interface we'd need something like the Sangoma S518 card. Are there drivers for this card?

Would a "pseudo ATM interface (driver)" allow us to use an external ADSL modem in bridged mode and do the authentication on the MT?

stephenpatrick
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:39 pm

AFAIK MT does not support ATM.

A shame as there are PCI cards available (155, 622Mbps as well as xDSL) and some telco customers we know who would love a nice low-cost powerful router.

Regards
CableFree - Wireless Excellence - Microwave, E-band Radios, Free Space Optics, High performance Radios & Routers
http://www.cablefree.net

ysam
just joined

Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:07 am

I assume for the ATM interface we'd need something like the Sangoma S518 card. Are there drivers for this card?

Would a "pseudo ATM interface (driver)" allow us to use an external ADSL modem in bridged mode and do the authentication on the MT?
If you go in bridged mode then you don't need ATM and thus PPPOA. You only need PPPOE which is included in MT. Unless your extrenal ADSL modem is not Ethernet connected.