Community discussions

MikroTik App

nowoxi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

BIG PROBLEM NEED HELP :( :?

Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:07 pm

AM USING A MICROTIK POE ANTENNA SO THE BOX IS OUTSIDE ON MY MAST. I WAS TRING TO RECONFIGURE THE ARCHITECTURE OF TH NETWORK. I HAVE A BRIDGE TURNED ON AND THE LAN AND WLAN ADAPTERS WHERE CONNECTED TO IT.

I THEN STUPIDLY DISABLED THE BRIDGE WITHOUT REMOVING THE ADAPTERS FROM IT SO I HAVE ISABLED THE 2 ADAPTERS TOO. PLEASE IS THERE ANYOTHER WAY I CAN GET INTO THE BOX AND UNDO THE DEED.

I TRIED NEIGHBOUR VIEWER IT SAW THE MIKROTIK UT IT COULDNOT LOG IN IT GIVIN A CONNECTION TIME OUT ERROR.

PLEASE I REALLY NEED THE HELP FAST.....

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:31 pm

You can MAC-Telnet to the device if you know the MAC address of the ethernet port.. I believe winbox also supports connections via the MAC address...

nowoxi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:53 pm

i dont think that would work with disabled adpters since the the bridge is disabled

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:50 am

you have to connect Router with PC COM port via console wire, run Terminal Emulating program (HyperTerminal in Windows) baud-rate=9600 (115200 for RouterBOARD 500).

Enable interfaces :roll: , than you will have full acces again.

nowoxi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:05 pm

i was hoping i wount have to do that. then up i go to the top of the mast to bring it down.

now i have a female/male serialport cable is that going to work. i have a board 220.

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:48 pm

i dont think that would work with disabled adpters since the the bridge is disabled
The bridge may be disabled, but that doesnt physically disable the interfaces... Unless of course you disabled them as well..

At any rate your most likely going to have to serial to the device.

Next time you make changes via winbox, put the MT in safemode so that way if you change something and lose connection it will revert the changes back to working state after 30-60secs of being disconnected.

nowoxi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:55 pm

please please please how do i activate and use safe mode. i guessed there should be something like that but its too late now i guess this is for next time.

i didnt disable the interfaces just the bridge. maybe you should try disabling the brdge too :cry: (in safe mode, to see if the same happens to you). i guessed it was the disabling of the bridge that stop me from loggin in because when i turn on neighbour viewer it sees the lan and the wireless interfaces but there ips are on 0.0.0.0 and when i tried to log in the connection times out.

Eugene
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:11 pm

[Ctrl]+[x] in terminal.

nowoxi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:08 am

hmmm sweet thanks but hmmm whats that supposed to do
help me login or help me turn on the safe mode.

djape

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:23 am

Just simply use Neighbour Viewer utility from http://www.mikrotik.com/download/neighbour.zip

From there you can do mac-telnet to MT and fix the problem.
Interfaces should not be disabled, after you un-bridged them, they should remain running!
Mac layer shouldn't care about bridges, ip etc. correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers and come back with the good news...

nowoxi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:01 pm

guess what ur wrong it gives an error

CONNECTION TIME OUT!!

jonbrewer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:37 pm

guess what ur wrong it gives an error

CONNECTION TIME OUT!!
Make sure you have only one interface in the windows box you are using with Neighborviewer.

If for example you have a LAN and a WLAN in the windows box, and you use Neighborviewer, you will see the Mikrotik router, but when you try to connect you will get "connection time out".

Best to plug directly in to the ethernet cable to the router, directly after the POE injector.