I am experiencing with my hotspot setup clients that have poor network speeds when they connect. This is the setup
Internet -- ADSL Modem -- (10.1.1.x) -- RB800 (setup with HS) -- (10.10.0.x) -- switch -- WAP
I have setup a standard HS through the HS wizard in the RB800. When clients connect to the hotspot it takes on average 20 seconds to download the page. However, if I test downloading the same page on my Syslogd server it comes through in about 5 seconds. I have an 8Mbps ADSL line which is never fully utilised.
I am thinking that the bottle neck is the HS auth process as I was reading http://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/U ... xWindt.pdf