Community discussions

MikroTik App

wifi442
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

What is causing my router to max out at 100%???

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:06 am

I had this problem with a 450g at my main tower. I replaced it with a rb1100 and now its doing it again! If I reboot it the problem will go away for a few days then be back.

Pings go way up, customers get upset!

I am running OSPF for backhauls, a bridge, pppoe server in a separate area, some pcq queues. Only about 60 clients on this tower. Traffic rarely goes over 20mbps. Not sure what else to look for. Is there any way to break down the cpu cycles and see whats using it? I am just looking at winbox. Running 4.16

I emailed a supout to Mikrotik when it was happening to my rb450g and they suggested I was overloading it with tasks and to upgrade. How much of a router do I need to only 60 clients!?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: What is causing my router to max out at 100%???

Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 am

Maybe consider installing the latest 5.x and use the profiler to find out what facility is consuming resources.

wifi442
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: What is causing my router to max out at 100%???

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:16 pm

I might do that. I am running ospf though from other routers and don't want to have to upgrade all of them yet. The system is running good and everything seems to be working, just not sure why it uses so much resources. I attached a dude chart of the CPU usage. It looks like it calmed down a little throughout the night. Funny thing is 21:00 to 23:00 it was passing around 20mbps and resources were lower. It doesn't appear to be a bandwidth issue even though it calms down later in the night? Strange stuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.