Community discussions

MikroTik App

xlteks
just joined
Topic Author

UPGRADE F'in FAILGREAT for SXT and 802.11N - CRAPPY FOR ELSE

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 pm

I wanted to let you know that last night I went through and upgraded all my aps (20) up to v5r10 and i wish I never would have done that. I have so many problems today!

High Ping/timeouts to almost everyone. No one is even staying connected on some sections. They just keep bouncing in and out. I love the new options, but that doesnt matter if no one stays connected.

BTW
why is it that no one on this site knows how to clear out space from routerboard hard drives? I posted and no one responds. where do i have to post? In every thread? Then I might be able to get someone with expertise.

Answers to any of these would be welcomed.

I am downgrading everything again now..

update:
I downgraded everything and now only half of the subs are coming back up on the AP's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

mstead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: UPGRADE F'in FAILGREAT for SXT and 802.11N - CRAPPY FOR

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:46 pm

Why is this forum filled with people who insist on upgrading every board in their network 24 hours after a new (and probably buggy) release comes out?

So xlteks while I cannot answer the hard drive cleanup question I can provide a reasonable solution to your main problem - your a fool!!! I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but I would fire any employee that blew a brand new release candidate (buggy beta in Mikrotik language) into every AP in my network? Surely you read these forums enough to know that Mikrotik don't properly test new releases - they leave that up to the public at large.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:54 am

I agree with mstead, you are a fool. There have been many many posts from people on here who have done the same thing, and I always LOL at them.

I would recommended you get one of each of your production RouterBoards, connect them together in a "lab" setup and use this to test new releases before you put them on your production network.

And you cant blame Mikrotik, I have seen many a bad release from Cisco, Fortinet and Juniper....

Beccara
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:17 am

It's a dam beta! even if you take it as RC it's still non-production non-stable software, what on earth made you upgrade not 1 production AP but 20 production AP's to ROS 5.0????

Some advice, wait 48 hours after release to make sure there isn't any game stopper bugs, test it on a lab RB or lab VM for a bit and make sure the features you need still work, deploy to a small segment of your network that is easy access and wait a week or so and then deploy to the rest of the network