Community discussions

MikroTik App

pradeepvardhineni211
just joined
Topic Author

Power router 732 is hanging frequently

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:39 am

Hi,

Very recently I have purchased a power router 732, but it is giving a lot of problems.its hanging very frequently i.e, i can access the router through the winbox but interfaces is blank nothing is visible and also all pppoe sessions will get disconnected. and new users will not able to log in, the version of OS is 4.10(level 4 license). In logs its giving an error like "router rebooted because of kernel failure"

Earlier we were using 4 RB1000 they were working absolutely fine, we had replaced all those RB1000 with one power router. Now i'm very much confused to use power router or RB1000.

I'm attaching some screen shots.
Kindly help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Pradeep.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Power router 732 is hanging frequently

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Have you contacted the maker of the Power router 732?

That is not a Mikrotik product so I would not expect Mikrotik to be your first line of support.

Tom

martini
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 pm

intresting, gmsmstr say that powerouter is ideal hardware for mikrotik )) it even better that brand servers like hp, or dell or supermicro )). But as you see all mikrotik bug do not depend on servers, you can make you own server from ebay hardware or buy Supermicro server or buy powerouter - but in the end everything depends on the mikroik OS.

2 pradeepvardhineni211 - its well known bug with pppoe, long time ago i have similar bug, try change some parameters in pppoe server, it may help for some time. I wrote script that monitoring number of pppoe session, and if it < 5 script reboot the router. Because mikrotik support cant help me, i change settings, reinstall software, change hardware... and finally i turned off pppoe and VPN and use only ethernet with vlan.

odie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:40 pm

and also update to latest ROS 4.16 !