Community discussions

MikroTik App

mjoksimovic
Topic Author

"No feature request - RoS v.5.x with classic wireless

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:16 am

Hello everyone,

Is there any possibility to make new version of RoS with classic wireless package ( like versions, for example 4.13-4.17 where we can choose which wireless package to install, with or with no nv2), but no with integrated nv2 support? Pings on 2.4GHz-b/g clients are very high with nv2 package installed, higher than 30-40ms on idle traffic. With classic wireless package, same settings, pings are bellow 3ms in semi-loud environments. I wrote to support few months ago but with no solution for me. 5GHz-a/n works very stable and constant.

I'm administrating 4-5 wireless networks in Serbia and we have those problems everywhere, literally, RoS ver.4.x or RoS ver.5.x RCx, doesn't matter, x86 or RBs, same thing.

Thank you.

NetworkPro
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: "No feature request - RoS v.5.x with classic wireless

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:12 am

Good idea IF it is easy and fast enough.

Could also do good if we had the current stable User Manager as a package for v5.

By the way, the Dude is not version dependent, why not make the User Manager the same way ?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am

mjoksimovic, please write to support abut your problem with b/g links. Maybe you could provide us with remote access to your problematic AP so we could try to debug it.

mjoksimovic
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Uldis, there isn't any solution for me, you and me have been spoken so many times about this problem, exchanged dozen e-mails etc. I can provide remote access to the routers but, there are about 270 routers in 6 networks with same problem. I solved this problem by uninstalling nv2 package, restored classic wireless package and now everything's working so well.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Uldis, there isn't any solution for me, you and me have been spoken so many times about this problem, exchanged dozen e-mails etc. I can provide remote access to the routers but, there are about 270 routers in 6 networks with same problem. I solved this problem by uninstalling nv2 package, restored classic wireless package and now everything's working so well.
could you tell us the ticket number as I can't find it by your email address.
We would need remote access to such router where we could debug this problem and fix it.

mjoksimovic
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:47 pm

I deleted every e-mail from support because there wasn't any solution. Now, every router is without nv2 package so remote support hasn't any sence, right?!

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:10 pm

I deleted every e-mail from support because there wasn't any solution. Now, every router is without nv2 package so remote support hasn't any sence, right?!
If you have a tower with one or few clients which has such problems with wireless-nv2 package, you could enable that wireless-nv2 package, give us remote access, we could try to debug it.

mjoksimovic
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 pm

I will in next two days, as soon as I come in Serbia.