Community discussions

MikroTik App

foamz
Topic Author

IP's of hosts that should not be listed

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi all

I've noticed something odd, it's nothing serious, but I am wondering why this is happening.

Under /ip hotspot
If I view Active and Hosts, apart from seeing valid IP addresses, I see IP's of devices that are sometimes behind a NAT. I also see a lot of (management) IP's for access points that are bridged. Some of these IP's will even be mac authenticated with mac addresses that are behind those devices.

Is there something I can do to stop this behavior? Please let me know if I must paste any config.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: IP's of hosts that should not be listed

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:56 am

If the Hotspot sees them, it will list them. It will see all devices leaking traffic into its broadcast domain. If devices that shouldn't be are doing that, reconfigure them, or the routers they are behind.
Specific answers require specific questions. When in doubt, post the output of "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface print detail", "/ip firewall export", and an accurate network diagram.

marioclep
Trainer
Trainer

Re: IP's of hosts that should not be listed

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:44 pm

The same thing happened to me long time ago with some vendors. It seems that routers are no "pure" ruoters, because yo sometimes see the IP of the LAN interface. I remember that it happened with Micronet and some D-Link devices.
---------------------

Ing. Mario D. Clep
CTO - MKE Solutions
MikroTik Certified Trainer