Community discussions

MikroTik App

ZamNam
just joined
Topic Author

bypass specific IP from being processed by Hotspot rules

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:46 am

Hello Friends

I asked a while back about a way to allow specific ip address from being authenticated by the hotspot using the firewall rules and i was successful in that using filter rules and nat but now i am facing a different scenario which is that if i used ip bindings to block that Ip, i get no access

so now my question is , is there a way to completely bypass that ip address from being processed by the hotspot rules, so no matter what, it still gets through from the router .

The network rules that are in place are in the attachment files

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sjwrick
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: bypass specific IP from being processed by Hotspot rules

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:33 pm

We use /ip hotspot ip-binding to have direct access to some ns2 aps on the hotspot network.

ip hotspot ip-binding print detail
Flags: X - disabled, P - bypassed, B - blocked
0 P mac-address=00:15:6D:F4:91:1F address=10.5.56.160 server=RoseMeadow_HS type=bypassed

Rick

ZamNam
just joined
Topic Author

Re: bypass specific IP from being processed by Hotspot rules

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 am

We use /ip hotspot ip-binding to have direct access to some ns2 aps on the hotspot network.

ip hotspot ip-binding print detail
Flags: X - disabled, P - bypassed, B - blocked
0 P mac-address=00:15:6D:F4:91:1F address=10.5.56.160 server=RoseMeadow_HS type=bypassed

Rick
Thank you for the reply

I know i could do it with the ip-binding bypass but my question is, is there a way to avoid processing packets from this ip address by the hotspot ?