Community discussions

MikroTik App

iDen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

bridge port vlan interfaces becoming inactive until restart.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:21 pm

VLAN interfaces created on transport RSTP or MESH bridges and then bridged with clinet port (ethernet, or other vlan created on actual interface) become inactive.

Solution i've found is to delete vlan interfaces on this transport bridges and then create them from begging and after again bridge this transport vlans with user interfaces.

Other solution is to disable this transport vlans, restart router, enable vlans . after this manipulations they will change state back to active/working.

While everything is active, everything works. clients getting IPs by dhcp, sending traffic ...etc...

I can't find out why this happens. sometimes it happens while testing path discovery enabling/disabling links in topology. Sometimes it happens by its own, and not on routerboard which had some of transport links disabled/enabled.

RoS 5rc11, 5rc9

I've tired. Everytime when you begin digging in some "serious" things trying to bil something more superior than simple bridge VLAN you are stucking in some bugs...underwater rocks..... like. MPLS VPLS low mtu, mikrotik RSTP is different compared with original RSTP which is "open source", and so on....
MTCNA

FIPTech

Re: bridge port vlan interfaces becoming inactive until rest

Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:57 am

Got a similar problem today where i've found an inactive VLAN port on a bridge causing a full part of the client network down.

I've found that changing the VLAN Id to something else, and put it back to original value corect the problem.

Enabling and disabling the Bridge port did not solve the problem.

I hope the problem will not come back alone as i'm using this in production.

As always, complexe functions are rarely used and receive small testing. When you use it, you find many bugs. This is not specific to Mikrotik.

I've found that if you need bridging or meshing, then try to do it in a real switch. It's more reliable and you get wire speed switching.

grg

Re: bridge port vlan interfaces becoming inactive until rest

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:35 am

I think I got the same problem with vlans on bonding interface.