Community discussions

MikroTik App

mmethw2003
just joined
Topic Author

VRRP with PPTP Tunneling

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:36 am

I'm configuring VRRP on 2 TIK routers to create a automatic fail over. and from that 2 routers i have created pptp tunnels ( if we take those 2 as Head office and tunnel created to a branch).

The problem i'm having is that when one router goes down other take over the control but it takes nearly 2min to up the pptp tunnel . Is there any way to reduce that time ???

Router description
------------------
board-name: "RB450"
version: "4.11"

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: VRRP with PPTP Tunneling

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:56 am

In PPP profile you can specify idle timeout for example 30seconds. When there are no packets received/sent during period of idle timeout client will disconnect itself.

mmethw2003
just joined
Topic Author

Re: VRRP with PPTP Tunneling

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:13 am

In PPP profile you can specify idle timeout for example 30seconds. When there are no packets received/sent during period of idle timeout client will disconnect itself.
Yeah but what i was testing is a module ... but the problem i have is when introducing it to a real scenario , in the real scenario it has more than 20 tunnels and most of the time there wont be any traffic on the tunnel , but it's really important to keep the tunnel up. so i dont think reducing the idle time out is a good idea :( .