MikroTik App

mktwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

NV2 on AP decrease CCQ and TX/RX Rate

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Dear guys!
Today I have installed ver 5.2 of routerOS on one of my AP and then I enabled NV2 protocol on it (on CPE side I set wireless-protocol to any).
After that, all CCQ of link decrease from ~90% to 30% and TX/RX Rate goes down to 6Mbps: why? Could someone help me?
In AP side there isn't any Noise Floor Treshold set.

If I disabled NV2 protocol on AP, all come-back to normal value (CCQ around 90% and TX/RX rate to 18 or 24 Mb).

Thanks in advance for help

Best regards

CCDKP
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: NV2 on AP decrease CCQ and TX/RX Rate

Tue May 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Did you try pushing any traffic over the link? In my tests, the value shown for CCQ and speed on a newly-established link isn't accurate. Once I start moving data across the link (btest, FTP, etc), the CCQ and TX/RX rate jump up to the expected values.

mktwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi!
Thanks for reply! There is always traffic on all wifi link to AP.

Regards

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Dear guys!
Today I have installed ver 5.2 of routerOS on one of my AP and then I enabled NV2 protocol on it (on CPE side I set wireless-protocol to any).
After that, all CCQ of link decrease from ~90% to 30% and TX/RX Rate goes down to 6Mbps: why? Could someone help me?
In AP side there isn't any Noise Floor Treshold set.

If I disabled NV2 protocol on AP, all come-back to normal value (CCQ around 90% and TX/RX rate to 18 or 24 Mb).

Thanks in advance for help

Best regards
I have noticed that a few minutes can pass until the ccq will read correctly and only as already mentioned with traffic passing, it appears NV2 will try 6Mbps first then 9Mbps, etc, on a bandwidth test what is the comparsion using NV2 or not