Community discussions

MikroTik App

rumiclord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Bridge Ports randomly become inactive.

Tue May 24, 2011 6:11 pm

I am having an issue on 2 seperate boards (mostly just 1 now), that had 2 different f/w. now both use 4.17. The problem is the physical ports in my bridge stop "acting" like they are in a bridge, if that makes sense. I have proved this by setting up a quik dhcp server on the interface that is in the bridge, and the server starts up and is enabled. At this point. I remove the interface from the bridge and re-add it and the bridge works like it is suppose to.. and of course the dhcp server turns red. Not sure why this keeps happening randomly. I have the same 4.17 f/w on most rb's in production with the same bridging config that have not given me any prbs. Anyone had this issue before. Don't think upgrading to 5.2 is going to fix this, but i could be wrong.

*update* this issue has popped up a couple times. today on different boards.
When creating a bridge with an EoIP interface, the order of operations is...create bridge..add physical port, then eoip port.. someone pls correct me if i am wrong.

kirshteins
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Bridge Ports randomly become inactive.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 am

Please generate and send supout.rif file to support@mikrotik.com. We will investigate what is causing this problem.

rumiclord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Bridge Ports randomly become inactive.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:14 pm

This issue is happening again, over the course of a few firmwares and still present in 5.14 I have alrdy done the supout and I talked about the problem in many e-mails between support, then was told to re-explain what was going on, since this conversation was appended to the original e-mail with all the other messages back and forth, I got frustrated and gave up. Mikrotik please look into this.