MikroTik App

Nanflexal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Bypass hotspot login when using external router

Mon May 30, 2011 11:32 am

Guys,

I have single network with IP: 10.10.10.X and hotspot was enable on this IP, is there a way to bypass hotspot login when using external router like dlink or tplink.

My point is, let the external router dial and connect to my network but the computer inside the external router should not ask hotspot login credential. it will automatically connect to the internet.

im not talking about IP Binding.

Thanks
Alex

routik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Bypass hotspot login when using external router

Mon May 30, 2011 11:42 am

if you don't want to use ip binding, then enable mac address authentication in your hotspot server profile and create user with the mac address of your dlink router under users.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 30, 2011 12:28 pm

Guys,
I have single network with IP: 10.10.10.X and hotspot was enable on this IP, is there a way to bypass hotspot login when using external router like dlink or tplink.

My point is, let the external router dial and connect to my network but the computer inside the external router should not ask hotspot login credential. it will automatically connect to the internet.

Thanks
Alex
What is wrong with IP Binding? Bypassing the hotspot login is what it is for.
Can you be more specific why IP Binding will not work for your setup?

Nanflexal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon May 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Guys,

Thanks
Alex
What is wrong with IP Binding? Bypassing the hotspot login is what it is for.
Can you be more specific why IP Binding will not work for your setup?
Because i have IP binding with my personal computer. its work, hotspot login does not appear in my computer when i use it.

Nanflexal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon May 30, 2011 2:35 pm

if you don't want to use ip binding, then enable mac address authentication in your hotspot server profile and create user with the mac address of your dlink router under users.
thanks, let say i have 5 Worksttaion inside behind router, this workstation will not ask hotspot login credential. is this correct?

Thanks

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 30, 2011 2:41 pm

If you use ip-binding, the login requirement is bypassed. I use the mac address of the equipment to bypass. That way you can use the 1:1 nat. If you have the hotspot 1:1 nat disabled, you can use the ip address.
/ip hotspot ip-binding
add mac-address=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx type=bypassed

Nanflexal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon May 30, 2011 2:53 pm

If you use ip-binding, the login requirement is bypassed. I use the mac address of the equipment to bypass. That way you can use the 1:1 nat. If you have the hotspot 1:1 nat disabled, you can use the ip address.
/ip hotspot ip-binding
add mac-address=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx type=bypassed

I see, but let say i have 2 or 3 workstation in the same account behind router, all of does mac address of each pc should be added in individual account.

I'm just thinking some way like collins465 reply, i will add the mac address of the router to my hotspot account then my router (RB493AH) should allow the external router to give internet access to my 3 pcs / unit without entering login credential. this is the simple way if this setup will work.

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 30, 2011 2:59 pm

To be honest, I have not tried that. There may be a challenge with that. Normally to login, even with the "login-by=mac", the equipment needs to make a port 80 request (http). That means any other port requests (smtp, dns, ntp) made prior to that will be dropped. Does your router make any port 80 requests?

Gareth
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon May 30, 2011 5:38 pm

thanks, let say i have 5 Worksttaion inside behind router, this workstation will not ask hotspot login credential. is this correct?

Thanks
If you want the hotspot to only see the MAC address of the router and none of the workstations behind it, then you must set the router up in "router" mode, not "bridge" mode. Then NAT all traffic through the router. Then the hotspot will only see the IP and MAC address for the router.

routik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon May 30, 2011 7:31 pm

thanks, let say i have 5 Workstation inside behind router, this workstation will not ask hotspot login credential. is this correct?

Thanks
If you configure your dlink router as dhcp client(WAN port), and your 3 computers is getting ip address from the same dlink router(as DHCP server-Lan port), then the hotspot is only seeing your router not the computers and your dlink router is the next up(gateway) to your 3 computers. therefore anytime you make HTTP request from any of the 3 computers, your router will take it back to the hotspot and get authentication once.
am sorry for my bad English, but i hope this helps.

Nanflexal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue May 31, 2011 10:00 am

thanks, let say i have 5 Workstation inside behind router, this workstation will not ask hotspot login credential. is this correct?

Thanks
If you configure your dlink router as dhcp client(WAN port), and your 3 computers is getting ip address from the same dlink router(as DHCP server-Lan port), then the hotspot is only seeing your router not the computers and your dlink router is the next up(gateway) to your 3 computers. therefore anytime you make HTTP request from any of the 3 computers, your router will take it back to the hotspot and get authentication once.
am sorry for my bad English, but i hope this helps.
This config is working and tested by me. as describe above, you will need to put your Mac Address of your Router (WAN Mac Address) (not the Mac Address of LAN) to your hotspot account but hotspot will authenticate your credential "once" after that the rest of your Workstation behind router will be able to browse the internet. this work like a charm.

thanks

routik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm

This config is working and tested by me. as describe above, you will need to put your Mac Address of your Router (WAN Mac Address) (not the Mac Address of LAN) to your hotspot account but hotspot will authenticate your credential "once" after that the rest of your Workstation behind router will be able to browse the internet. this work like a charm.

thanks
Good to here it worked for you. you may want to extend the thanks by clicking the karma + for me.

Cheers.