MikroTik App

pospanko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Hotspot and user limitations with simple queue

Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:55 am

Hi all,

Is there a way to create one simple queue with shared-users > 1,? So that all users which login with same account goes to one queue and share one speed limit?
Or, maybe is there any better way to do that...
Thx

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hotspot and user limitations with simple queue

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:05 am

Use the address list feature of user profiles to put all related users on an address list. Then use queue trees with SFQ to override simple queues. You can't do what you're trying to do with simple queues.
http://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/U ... xWindt.pdf

pospanko
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi fewi, and thx for respons.
Use the address list feature of user profiles to put all related users on an address list. Then use queue trees with SFQ to override simple queues. You can't do what you're trying to do with simple queues.
http://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/U ... xWindt.pdf
Yes, I realize that I can't do that in simple queues,,, but this would be a good option to have.

About address list and queue tree...
Khm... This isn't really what I need to do. I can group same user types on queue with different profiles, but this is ok for my major group types of users and I plan to go with that instead of simple queues, to save CPU time. My problem is similar but not quite like this. Lets say that I set port-limit=2 for some of my users, and now I want to group both usernames in same queue to share rx/tx speed, so if one user is on-line it'll get ex. 200k/2m, and if they are both on-line they will both get 200k/2m, not 200k/2m each. I can go with user profiles for all of this "double" users, but is there a way to do that automaticly?

Thx

imrankosi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:55 pm

for this you have to usermanager with hotspot . by doing this you will be having full command on your user.you can give data limit, speed limit, time limit and also you can bind there mac address so that your net can not be miss used

imrankosi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:55 pm

for this you have to usermanager with hotspot . by doing this you will be having full command on your user.you can give data limit, speed limit, time limit and also you can bind there mac address so that your net can not be miss used