Community discussions

MikroTik App

contime
just joined
Topic Author

how to make personal queue per IP?

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:25 am

i have a simple queue where all ip's get 256/128Kbit/S, but how to make queue where one IP or more gets 512/256?

thanks

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:35 am

you have to mark this IP address with specifc mark, and than configure queue for it.

gottin
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:42 pm

Consider marking a whole net and putting it into a queue with PCQ type. It's the easiest way. However it's good idea to read up "Bandwidth management" from the official documentation.

cyb.0rg

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:35 pm

Consider marking a whole net and putting it into a queue with PCQ type. It's the easiest way. However it's good idea to read up "Bandwidth management" from the official documentation.
he mean to do it per IP , not for all net using PCQ ...

kchris
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:42 pm

I've a better question to this:

I'm using PCQ to give my users fair BW. Now I'm using SQUID to make the BW "bursty". Without making a queue to every single user/IP by hand.

Am I able to do this also with Mikrotik? I'd like to configure that every users has some burst fast and then slows down.
But I've hundreds of users, I don't want to make a queue to every user... Squid supports this. Mikrotik also supports this when limiting the connections of the users - there is a parameter called "netmask". (by the mangles). I've by the time much squid failures and without it the http downloaders suck all of my BW.

This parameter would be great by the BW management too...