MikroTik App

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

block more than one client

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:23 am

Hello
We are using ibm x335 server for pppoe server and for AP-s rb600, rb433 and rb411, also freeradius for authentication and ubnt airgrid m5 for clients.
on each airgrid m5 there is one client connected normaly, but some clients buying switch and they are dividing internet themself its not lega, how i can prevent them from mikrotik not from client device?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: block more than one client

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:03 am

If it's a switch configure your RADIUS server to not permit more than one concurrent login per account.
If it's actually routers set the TTL of packets leaving via the router interface facing the client to 1 in postrouting.

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:36 pm

I want to block Client 1 and Client 2 to access internet, ip-s are given to clients from AirGrid dhcp server, airgrid have public ip,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Reconfigure the AirGrid, whatever that is.

If you assign that device one IP on your network via PPPoE and it hands out private IPs behind it via DHCP and NATs via the PPPoE link then you can't do anything about that other than competely prevent routers from working on your network as clients, which would render the AirGrid useless for people that only hook up one device behind it (which I would guess is a no-go).