Community discussions

MikroTik App

electravis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

N-Stream Question

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:59 pm

I am currently trying to setup an nstream connection. The problem I am running into is the following MY RX and TX are not coming in at the same rate. RX rate show 24mbps and TX shows 48mbps. On the other ap it is the opposite TX rate show 24mbps and RX shows 48mbps. Should I not see the same or close to the same rate for both TX and RX on the same radio? I have tried switching the wireless cards as well but still wind up with the same speeds. Is there something I could be missing or is this just how it works?

Also is there maybe a better way to wireless link two buildings together with about 48 users. Currently we use regular WDS but it becomes very slow.

Thank you

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: N-Stream Question

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:13 am

Just basic in case. You should have one vertical and one horizontal aerial on each end. Most probably have some interference on one of the sites. Will cause what you describe. I would rather make use of two 802.11g cards, using the two aerials. Less of a hassle to set up, only one card per site needed and with the same gains.

electravis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:53 pm

From what I understood of nstream I could get up to 108x108mbps? Which I guess if I could get a hold of two N radios woud now do the same thing but not as cumbersome and I could set them up as a P2P connection? Would this be the same as nstream speeds? I am trying to get the fatest throughtput as possible. The buildings are about 400 ft apart currently wds togther and it just lags..

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Jip, correct. 802.11 g could give you up to 300Meg, but most of all would depend on you hardware. However, with 400 ft you should not have any problem with lag with your existing system. Have a look at Router board cpu. Should not run consistently above 30%, or maybe something else the problem and might influence Nstream or 802.11 G for that matter.