Community discussions

MikroTik App

proweb
Topic Author

[REQ] file sharing in one network or disable

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:53 am

/ip firewall filter
add chain=forward protocol=udp dst-port=135-139 action=drop comment="NetBIOS" disabled=no
add chain=forward protocol=tcp dst-port=135-139 action=drop comment="NetBIOS" disabled=no

if i make a new rules like this, what will be effect. If any changes i can't
Block user to share files in one networK? I want to set for clients can't access
file sharing in one network or disable. So they can't a see the other client from network.
Please give me the rules from firewall filter.
thanks before

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:57 am

These rules disables NetBios traffic between clients, so they cant see each other shares that are made in windows (shared disks, printers)
You maybe want to block p2p traffic too.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:32 am

if they are ethernet clients (eg they connect to a hub or switch), then you can't disable windows file sharing - they will connect over the switch, directly. and not throufh the router.

if they are wireless clients, simply set `default-forwarding=no` and that's it

proweb
Topic Author

I had big trouble

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:33 pm

if they are ethernet clients (eg they connect to a hub or switch), then you can't disable windows file sharing - they will connect over the switch, directly. and not throufh the router.

if they are wireless clients, simply set `default-forwarding=no` and that's it
I had big trouble...
my network...can give access with other ip register in one network, if they know the web-proxy port. Clients can throught without bandwith limitting....
even i set ip in mangle they can force without bandwith limiting
How could that be. I want the register Ip can access my IP router? can u give the solution?
Note : I used Web-proxy.... with port 8080
i already set all network 192.168.0.0/24 will go throuh web-proxy
now if client used other IP, they can access throuh router with out bandwith limit. Please support me.