Community discussions

fabsoft
Topic Author

Get access to login/status page of hotspot's user from WAN

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 am

Hi all,
i've a hotspot system with 2 interfaces, WAN and LAN in which the hotspot is installed.
in the WAN segment there are multiple PC used by secretaries who want get some information about the users of hotspot,
such remaining-uptime and expiring time.
Is there a way to access the login/status page from within the WAN to obtain these info ?
thanks in advance

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Get access to login/status page of hotspot's user from W

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:29 pm

Probably the lan? Wan normally interne side.
Happy days. :-)

boomdv
just joined

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:08 am

Hi all,
i've a hotspot system with 2 interfaces, WAN and LAN in which the hotspot is installed.
in the WAN segment there are multiple PC used by secretaries who want get some information about the users of hotspot,
Is there a way to access the login/status page from within the WAN to obtain these info ?
thanks in advance
Yes.you can do this by vpn.

fabsoft
Topic Author

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi all,
thanks in advance
Yes.you can do this by vpn.
Do You mean a vpn like pptp tsattached to a bridge together with Hopot interface ?
i'll give it a try

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:13 pm

The status page for a user can only be accessed by that user, if that's what you're asking for. You can't view someone else's status page.
Specific answers require specific questions. When in doubt, post the output of "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface print detail", "/ip firewall export", and an accurate network diagram.

dssmiktik
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:57 am

However, you may be able to use the API to hookup a web page to display stats. The server providing such page could be made accessible via the WAN.
Doug