Community discussions

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

comparison

Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:14 pm

i wanna plant a 5.GHz MIMO PtMp setup for 25-50 users. 2Mbps up and 2 Mbps down.

i m bit confused between Ubnt Airmax and Mikrotik NV2 which one is better.?
Ubnt have many readymade products in hand like LocoM5, NanostatonM5 and off course NanoBridgeM5 for little more distance client
while mikrotik only have SXT which can be used as an MIMO Cpe. and at base staton we have to do lot of assembling while in UBNT we have to just hookup a ROCKET M5 into the MIMO sector.

but the question arises about the performance part, stability, rigidity, robustness, uptime, long term uses, performance under harsh and heavy load conditions. etc etc.
which one too choose.

kindly suggests
Regards...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: comparison

Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:54 am

We now have the OmniTIK, the perfect AP for SXT: http://www.routerboard.com

It's a strange question to be asking in a MikroTik forum. Of course Nv2 is better, that's why we make it.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 pm

We now have the OmniTIK, the perfect AP for SXT: http://www.routerboard.com

It's a strange question to be asking in a MikroTik forum. Of course Nv2 is better, that's why we make it.
@Normis
i know your product are really good and i use 97% mikrotik in my network, you always wanna escape when someone criticizes just even a little fraction about your product. u always turn in-furious when someone compare your product with ubnt. Instead of showing this kind of reaction, you could just tell us and prove us by giving examples and proper guidance that why your products are good from ubnt, whats your product got which is missing in ubnt. etc. if you do that the faith and trust would increase in your products.Remember your are selling something and we are purchasing, and its the right of a buyer to ask and compare with other brand in the market. i have also placed exact and similar question in UBNT forum too but they didn't react like u react.

Regards

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:01 am

i have also placed exact and similar question in UBNT forum too but they didn't react like u react.

Regards
hmm, I would like to see that! Would make interesting reading..... can you post their answer on this forum? Or give us a link to theirs where they mention the advantages of MT over their own? :o
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:05 am

No answer to your question? How to write posts