Community discussions

MikroTik App

wireless12
Topic Author

help help help

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:16 pm

any one can tell me how to get a decent through put using groove. i am only getting 12 Mbps one side throughput on a transparent bridge, using Ros 5.5 on both groove. and i use 29 dbi grid antenna in hope to achieve more throughput.

i have tried every possible settings... but all in vain.

i have another transparent link already running between same two points, i m hanging up groove to use it as an backup link.
the older link is has 411Ah both sides and compex 23 dbm a/b/g cards and i using 5GHz turbo and its pulling 36 Mbps in one direction. and 27 dbi grid on both end.

groove is a nightmare for me, kindly help

regards

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: help help help

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:25 am

Please post your /interface wireless print and /interface wireless registration-table print stats from both routers.

wireless12
Topic Author

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:35 pm

CCQ = 70-90 sometimes above 90%
Data rates = default, tx power= default. WDS= dynamic
here are the pictures for Site -A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wireless12
Topic Author

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:45 pm

data rates = default wds mode = disable, tx-power = default
here are the pictures of site-B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 pm

you are running bandwidth test on the groove itself? this is the problem. bandwidth test generates a lot of random data, this impacts the CPU and you don't get any speed. correct way to test is:

[powerful pc] --> [grove] -- [groove] ---> [powerful pc]

wireless12
Topic Author

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:00 pm

you are running bandwidth test on the groove itself? this is the problem. bandwidth test generates a lot of random data, this impacts the CPU and you don't get any speed. correct way to test is:

[powerful pc] --> [grove] -- [groove] ---> [powerful pc]
i have done it too the results are the same, i already mention, the older running link is performing fantastically at same distance..with normal 5GHZ turbo. and in this older link when i run btest on the RB itself, then its easily push 36 Mbps in one direction with a problem.

Regards
some more picture of Site-B

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:08 pm

please upgrade to v5.6
Try using advanced rate-selection in the Data-rates tab (do that on both AP and station).
Enable the 20/40Mhz HT Above(Below) channel width to use 40mhz option cince you were using 5ghz-turbo in old setup.
Make sure you use the same frequencies.
Try disabling adaptive noise-immunity on both ends.
Try enabling Nv2 or Nstreme protocol to get more speed as with regular 802.11 with WDS you will not get the max speed.

wireless12
Topic Author

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm

please upgrade to v5.6
Try using advanced rate-selection in the Data-rates tab (do that on both AP and station).
Enable the 20/40Mhz HT Above(Below) channel width to use 40mhz option cince you were using 5ghz-turbo in old setup.
Make sure you use the same frequencies.
Try disabling adaptive noise-immunity on both ends.
Try enabling Nv2 or Nstreme protocol to get more speed as with regular 802.11 with WDS you will not get the max speed.
i have already done all possible settings without any results. i have pour my 7 years experience into this link. enabling HT above/below downgrade the through put upto 3-4 Mbps. only in one direction. surprisingly when i configure these groove to traditional 5GHz 20 MHz then it give 14-15 Mbps in one direction and when i try to use NV2 or nstream on AP and leave the protocol mode to any in client side then the link wont connect even.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 pm

your signal is -50/-50, how can the link "not connect"?? either your nv2 settings were wrong, or some other reason. upgrade to v5.6 where we have more detailed logs, and make a supout.rif file when it doesn't connect

wireless12
Topic Author

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:35 pm

your signal is -50/-50, how can the link "not connect"?? either your nv2 settings were wrong, or some other reason. upgrade to v5.6 where we have more detailed logs, and make a supout.rif file when it doesn't connect
i dont know why, its a mere 6 km link but it appears to be 60 km link. one more thing the link only connect only on frequencies which are marked as bold in drop down list of frequencies. if i try to connect on any other frequency then also link dont connect... this is first time i m seeing this.

Regards.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 pm

bold means "in default scanlist". to use frequencies not in bold, you need to write this frequency in the "scan list" setting of the client

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Just noticed you have "no_country_set" and superchannel in frequency mode, have you tried selecting your country and manual tx power also wireless protocol is not specified

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:02 am

Just noticed you have "no_country_set" and superchannel in frequency mode
this is not a problem as long as the scan list setting is configured in the client.
also wireless protocol is not specified
yes, this is strange. try to set something there, on both ends. For example on client side "any" and on the AP side try out 802.11, then test with nstreme and also with nv2.