Community discussions

MikroTik App

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

application examples / scripts WIKI

Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:46 pm

availble now, in testing phase - the mikrotik wiki, you can edit the pages and add your own configurations and setup examples.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Main_Page

let me know what you think
Last edited by normis on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:08 pm

Great idea !!!
Superb ... thanx

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:13 pm

i noticed you added some lines. a few tips:

start with a `space` to make it look like `code`, put it in double brackets [[like this]] to make it lead to another article, use `equal` signs to make ==headers== etc. see help

jager
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:25 pm

I have never edited any wiki page at all, and that was my first attempt :) Will read the help.
Thanx

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:29 pm

dwright
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:31 pm

I though about setting up a site with configuration examples. Great to see you guys did the work for me. :wink:
I think that once this site starts to get populated with info, people will start to use it more.

When I get a chance, I would like to do some tutorials on questions I see a lot of.

Keep up the great work Mikrotik....

Dan

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:41 pm

if everyone posts something, the site could be a success. we need some activity there!

dannyboy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Hello

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:09 pm

I'm making a little booklet with pictures and simple examples, its taking me longer than I though... :( One example is "how to setup a pppoe server" "How to Block P2P" all this with winbox pictures. "How to masquerade"...

I have been busy lately so I had to stop for a while, but now I will dedicate some time to get it done. I hope I can than upload the booklet. Can that be done Normis?

I will put what I know on the Booklet, there are things that I need to learn more to be able to update the booklet..

This are going to be the topics:

How To set up PPPOE Server
How To block P2P
Hot to setup DHCP Server
How To create a IP Pool

I hope am able to finish this by christmas...

One thing I need to know is "How to open or forward all ports to the LAN?

Thats my next step, since I am having problems with VOIP :(

Well I hope I can do this asap to help other users!! I am not to bright on this things and is frustrating not being able to do something.. So this booklet will help new users!!

Daniel

Kazha
just joined

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:56 pm

if everyone posts something, the site could be a success. we need some activity there!

He hee, I have a try make one article,

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Drop_port_scaners

:roll: :lol:

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:57 am

very nice you all, keep going. make sure to correct any mistakes that you find in other's sections. we will also try to monitor it, but it's a community effort after all.

also post only things that you are certain of, for questions and doubts - forum is the right place.

lastguru

Re: Hello

Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:34 pm

I have been busy lately so I had to stop for a while, but now I will dedicate some time to get it done. I hope I can than upload the booklet. Can that be done Normis?
what do you mean by upload? if that will be a .doc document, then it should not go to the wiki. I would suggest you to start writing in the wiki, it has all the markup features you possibly need (and if it does not have some, I am sure you really do not need it; or it is a matter of CSS style).
very nice you all, keep going. make sure to correct any mistakes that you find in other's sections. we will also try to monitor it, but it's a community effort after all.

also post only things that you are certain of, for questions and doubts - forum is the right place.
The wiki is not officially supported by MikroTik, everything you write there is your own responsibility and MikroTik is not going to check, recheck and correct every mistake that appears there. The "monitoring" effort is more tended towards monitoring for vandalism.

Also I would suggest all contributors to read at least basic things about wiki syntax and markup (see "Help" section for the link, or use google), at least to be able to make lists not as a preformed text boxes :)

HarvSki

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:09 pm

Good stuff! hope you are keeping plenty of backups of it I've seen http://www.seattlewireless.net/ be deface several times

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:23 pm

wiki can be reverted at any time, it automatically makes backup at every change made and keeps all of them. anyone can revert, i think. but there is no activity, some time ago we had a whole thread of people who wanted to share - what happened?

HarvSki

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:58 pm

Give us a chance!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:35 pm

go to http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Main_Page then register, then add something. simple :)

conchalnet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:02 pm

It's great!!!

Congratulations by the idea!

hecklertm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

wiki

Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:23 am

Thank you for setting this up. It has been difficult looking through forum archives for bits of code that I have seen before.

I need the rules for logging http traffic of hotspot users. Could someone please post that in the wiki? I aksed for it in a forum post yesterday, but it seems to mundane of a question to answer since I am sure it has been posted before. (I just cant find it)

Thanks