MUM Europe 2020

Beccara
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Issues with 2.9.8

Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:21 pm

Anyone else having issues with winbox in 2.9.8

I'm using routing-test and the bgp debug shows that the BGP tcp connection is lost everytime i do a /ip route print in the terminal, i am forced to do this in the terminal because the BGP routes are no longer showing in the winbox ip route list. Give it about 10 sec and it's all fine again. I'm now forced to downgrade to 2.9.7 at this point untill i can get some answers

ysam
just joined

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:27 am

Yup routing-test is so messed-up... I see idle-established and then idle again..

I'll forget about routing-test for the moment and go for the stable routing until somebody else has a clue..

:(

Worst than ever..

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:39 am

Argh don't tell me this : ) I just uploaded 2.9.8 packages but haven't rebooted yet. I guess I will reboot and run it thru some tests on the dev box.

Sam

electrix
just joined

Tests

Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:53 am

I wouldnt install any packages that say test. I installed the wireless-test and i had no GUI and it lost all wlan information.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:38 am

We have been running routing-test in production with 2.9.6 and it's pretty stable. Only a few issue with BGP and large route tables but I know its getting better.

2.9.8 routing-test is totally broke and even effects normal RIB operations. I am sending support info now.

... 5 mins just went by ...

I just now confirmed it's only routing-test - not regular package. If you enable / disable an interface and/or change the interface an ip address lives on the RIB does not update. You can even delete an IP from the router and it keeps its route in the RIB. I'm sure something was overlooked and easily fixed in 2.9.9.

Sam

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:46 am

I've just spent today having a 2 hour outage to move it all to RIP for the time being.
Another reason we have a development environment : ) Never want to put a new release into production without thorough testing.

Sam

eflanery

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:42 am

Yep, as of yet we are only using 2.9.8 in "the lab" (pile of misc. routers on my desk). I've got some places I would really like to use wireless-test in, but it's going to have to wait, since they depend on routing-test. I know I should not have put routing-test into production, but it's just too great, I couldn't wait. It actually makes a reasonable semblance of "un-numbered non-point-to-point" interfaces workable, just to cool not to use.

One thing I did notice, is that community support is now available in routing-test. Wonderful, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now if only it worked.....

--Eric