mobdoc
just joined
Topic Author

Q.931 and RAS connection types

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi,

When I look at the active connections using
/ip firewall connection print detail
I see there is a connection from my VOIP phone that has a "connection-type" of Q.931. I want to set up QOS for this but cannot seem to use Q.931 in the connection-type for the mangle rule as it is not available in the drop-down list. I can manually enter Q.931 but the rule never seems to mark the connection. I have tried entering the Q.931 both with and without quotes but no difference:
add action=mark-connection chain=prerouting connection-type="\"Q.931\"" disabled=no new-connection-mark=VOIP_Traffic_Out passthrough=yes
add action=mark-connection chain=prerouting connection-type=Q.931 disabled=no new-connection-mark=VOIP_Traffic_Out passthrough=yes
mikrotik.jpg
I am relatively new to Mikrotik so apologies if this is a glaringly obvious question :)

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Q.931 and RAS connection types

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Try using connection-type with a value of 'h323'. q.931 should be a part of that.

You can only use pre-defined connection types, which are available from "/ip firewall service-port". You can't add new ones there.
Specific answers require specific questions. When in doubt, post the output of "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface print detail", "/ip firewall export", and an accurate network diagram.

macsrwe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Q.931 and RAS connection types

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:48 am

Hm. This posting describes exactly the experience I am having. I put in a mangle rule for h323, but it isn't getting hit, even though the Q.931 shows up clearly in the incoming connection.

The device is a videophone for the deaf. The calls come in on TCP 1720, then can open any TCP or UDP port between 15328-15348. I've had all these ports forwarded to her vidphone since I installed the subscriber, but now I'm trying to give her some QOS. I assigned port 1720 to the H323 helper, which was hanging out there with nothing on it. But mangle on the prerouting chain isn't even seeing the connection come through.

Below is an example of my config. All simple queues are attached to the ether (customer) port.
Screen Shot 2013-06-14 at 5.44.27 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.