Community discussions

MikroTik App

ayufan
Topic Author

Dynamic rules

Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Allow to create through winbox, webfig or api an dynamic firewall rules, dynamic queues, etc. It should work the same way like rules created by connecting ppp client or dhcp lease. We should consider rules like that an non saveable - they should disapper after reboot. Why I need that? For example to create an dynamic queues from scripts which are temporary. It souldn't be that hard ;)

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Dynamic rules

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Dynamic rules are created automatically,
- by RADIUS,
- by /ip hotspot user profile;
- by /ip firewall filter add-to-address-list,
etc.
Static rules are created manually.

You can set time for queue to run in the specific interface or set script that will delete specific queues after time interval.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Clipboard01.gif
1 million writes is too high for 6d uptime. the only reason for writes on this router (I don't believe that graphing with 24h saving period can affect 1 million) is adding/deleting of Address List items. if we can add dynamic entries (so that it won't affect disk), we could decrease this number significantly...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ayufan
Topic Author

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Clipboard01.gif
1 million writes is too high for 6d uptime. the only reason for writes on this router (I don't believe that graphing with 24h saving period can affect 1 million) is adding/deleting of Address List items. if we can add dynamic entries (so that it won't affect disk), we could decrease this number significantly...
Good point! I have a services which dynamically creates address-lists, firewall-rules using api from linux box.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 pm

even more: in the end of last year we had to replace previous flash drive on that router, because it was corrupted by excessive writes...