Community discussions

MikroTik App

yogii
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

2 ethernet in 1 IRQ number, is it clashed?

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:34 pm

hello all...

i just build up my x86 mikrotik level4, after my x86 running i see there are 1 IRQ number are used for 2 ethernet ether2-adsl & ether6-wlan, i wonder why it clashed? see the pic below.

anyone please help me? it will cause problems? :(

thanks in advance.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 2 ethernet in 1 IRQ number, is it clashed?

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:25 pm

hello all...

i just build up my x86 mikrotik level4, after my x86 running i see there are 1 IRQ number are used for 2 ethernet ether2-adsl & ether6-wlan, i wonder why it clashed? see the pic below.

thanks in advance.
There are only so many IRQ available. Some PCI slots are hard wired to share IRQ. Look at your motherboard book to see which slots share IRQ, and what on-board devices they share those slots with as well.

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:19 am

u can disable USB ports and serial port from BIOS :)

btw, dari indo neh? :lol:

yogii
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:12 am

hello all...

thanks in advance.
There are only so many IRQ available. Some PCI slots are hard wired to share IRQ. Look at your motherboard book to see which slots share IRQ, and what on-board devices they share those slots with as well.
thank you for response sir, i will read manual book. It looks like I have to turn off the device the same IRQ or can i change IRQ number of each pci slots?

thanks in advance. :)

yogii
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:16 am

u can disable USB ports and serial port from BIOS

kok tau om? :lol: jauh juga mainnya om sampe ke eropa sini :D

thanks for response sir, I already turn off the USB ports and Serial but no effect. ROS still shows IRQ clashed.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:03 am

thanks for response sir, I already turn off the USB ports and Serial but no effect. ROS still shows IRQ clashed.
The USB and serial were not the problem. It specifically shows 2 Ethernet ports on same IRQ. You will need to physically move one of them to a different slot. Look at the manual to see which slots are shared. If you can't get them seperated, it will probably be fine... but it is best to have them on seperate numbers.

TealFrog
just joined

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:01 am

DISCLAIMER: I have not tried this under ROS and I am not a ROS expert. I would first try the previous suggestion, relocating the cards, as it is a better option, but in the event that relocating the card(s) does not work, check the Plug-and-Play (PnP) option in the BIOS. If the PnP BIOS option is disabled, try enabling the option. From what I have read, ROS should have the PnP BIOS option enabled. I know some OSes have problems with this particular setting. You may also be running into a hardware issue of sorts.

Regards.
TealFrog

yogii
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:24 pm

The USB and serial were not the problem. It specifically shows 2 Ethernet ports on same IRQ. You will need to physically move one of them to a different slot. Look at the manual to see which slots are shared. If you can't get them seperated, it will probably be fine... but it is best to have them on seperate numbers.
thank you for response sir. yes i have read the manuall and i have tried, and finally onboard ethernet device use same IRQ with PCI 2, PCI 1 use same IRQ with PCI 5. i have no idea later, probably i only can use 4 PCI for ethernet card.