I'm setting up a network. This is the topology:
- RouterOS based wireless network
- All the network is routed, each CPE can access the access concentrator via L2 EoIP
- each user will connect to the central access concentrator via PPPoE client
- the access concentrator is a PPPoE server
- the PPPoE server acts as internet gateway by 2x DSL connection 7Mbps down / 512Kbps up bandwith
I will implement some QoS and traffic shaping policy, that prioritizes the http navigation and limiting P2P and heavy downloads users.
The answers are:
based on your experience, how many users can handle the 2 DSL lines with a proper QoS policy?
I think that the major bottleneck is the 512Kbps upload bandiwith, because it can be saturated by the ACK tcp packets.
Is better to set-up the QoS policy both at CPE equipment and on the central access concentrator, or only at the access concentrator?