MikroTik App

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

pppoe authentification

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Hello,

I have setup PPPoE concentration and it working fine, but with only PAP as authentication, when i try and select all the methods available, my users authenticate but cannot surf, and when i leave only pap, they area able to surf.

We have various users, windows 7, xp, also some users with d-link and linksys router using pppoe.

Any help !

many thanks in advance.

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: pppoe authentification

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:27 pm

post the result of
interface pppoe-server server print
ppp profile print 

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:04 pm

thanks for a quick resp.

> interface pppoe-server server print
Flags: X - disabled
0 service-name="service1" interface=LAN7 max-mtu=1480 max-mru=1480 mrru=disabled authentication=pap keepalive-timeout=10
one-session-per-host=no max-sessions=0 default-profile=public

1 service-name="" interface=LAN7 max-mtu=1480 max-mru=1480 mrru=disabled authentication=pap keepalive-timeout=10
one-session-per-host=no max-sessions=0 default-profile=public

Flags: * - default
0 * name="default" local-address=10.10.1.1 remote-address=public1 use-mpls=default use-compression=default
use-vj-compression=default use-encryption=yes only-one=default change-tcp-mss=yes

1 name="public" local-address=10.10.1.1 remote-address=public1 use-mpls=default use-compression=default
use-vj-compression=default use-encryption=yes only-one=default change-tcp-mss=no

2 * name="default-encryption" use-mpls=default use-compression=default use-vj-compression=default use-encryption=y
only-one=default change-tcp-mss=yes

sadeghrafie
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Why you have two PPPoE server in LAN7? remove the second. use all authentication methods except "PAP".
This simple configuration works for me on lots of Router board and various version of Windows.

Abdock
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:31 pm

yes i have 2, one is with no service name and another one with service1 as service name, for some reasons the d-link routers did not connect to service1 thats why i put that blank, i am thinking of taking that off and leaving only service1, what do you use ? blank or service1 ?

i had hit a problem where if i choose all then the connection would work for a while and then freeze, disconnect and reconnect would solve it, and then again it can freeze any other moment, like nothing particular, after reading few posts at that time somebody suggested using only pap and that worked, but now i want to test other methods apart from pap.

thanks again.