Community discussions

MikroTik App

nissandata
Topic Author

Package problem

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:41 am

Hi!

Took over a customer with a RB433AH (v4.3) and they had some problems to be solved.
First their CPU where maxed out 24/7 which made some services unavailable, as not being able to access it via port http.
could not pin down what used all the power so decided for a reboot. Wich resolved the issue.

But the user-manager is behaving wiered, it's not available in winbox (not there at all) and what ever command i run through ssh just hangs.
/ tool user-manager export
just stops after
# nov/29/2011 09:06:24 by RouterOS 4.3
# software id = XXXX-XXXX
#
So my guess is that that package caused the CPU-problem before. The customer cannot login to rou.ter.ip.add/user (no errors it just hangs for a min then back to login page). Which complies with the package being damaged.

is it a good practice to just upgrade the routeros and user-manager to 5.8 or should I reinstall the usermanager 4.3 before the upgrade?

Other theories than the package being damaged?

nissandata
Topic Author

Re: Package problem

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:36 pm

And will the configuration be preserved upon re-installation of the packages or upgrade?

tjc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Package problem

Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:48 am

And will the configuration be preserved upon re-installation of the packages or upgrade?
Yes.