Community discussions

MikroTik App

ludvik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

DHCP server on inactive interface (v5.11)

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi.

I have DHCP server on three interfaces. Eth, bridge and VLAN. If routerboard (RB1100AH) boot with no-link on physical interface (tested on VLAN), DHCP server is not active on this interface. If link is up (connect switch, for example) - dhcp still inactive. In winbox seems normal - as active. I must disable dhcp server on this port and enable again.

It's bug or feature?

Thanks.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DHCP server on inactive interface (v5.11)

Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi.

I have DHCP server on three interfaces. Eth, bridge and VLAN. If routerboard (RB1100AH) boot with no-link on physical interface (tested on VLAN), DHCP server is not active on this interface. If link is up (connect switch, for example) - dhcp still inactive. In winbox seems normal - as active. I must disable dhcp server on this port and enable again.

It's bug or feature?

Thanks.
Probably a bug, but you can script a workaround. Write a script that disables and then enables dhcp, and run that script with something like netwatch.

alnazmin
just joined

Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 am

I also having same problem as this. I solved this by re-enable the vlan.

But seem its not a permanent solution. The same thing can happen, if the vlan is down for sometime and people
cant get the ip when connected to it.

I already issue ticket to support but they blame my technique (combining multiple vlan into a bridge) as the cause.

jandafields I really hope you can issue this to support and post here if you got any solution.

Regards,

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:40 am

if you have master interface (like bridge) then assign dhcp-server on that interface not the other interfaces that are set as ports (that is if i have understood the configuration correctly). It seem that you just got lucky that dhcp-server is working for you at all in that case.

ludvik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 am

No! I have some separate ethernet and separate VLAN with separate IP segments. I don't have bridge ...